Today only, go to the Gerbes Free Friday Download or Kroger Free Friday Download page, sign into your Plus Shopper’s Card account, and load a digital coupon on your Card for one free Bai5 drink (18 fl oz, assorted variety). The coupon must be downloaded to your card today, then you can redeem through 6/14/2015.
If you would like to know more about Bai5…
* From Fooducate (4/19/15): Bai is a sweetened water beverage with only 5 calories. It claims that it is naturally sweetened, and the word “Antioxidant” appears boldly on the bottle’s front. Bai further claims to be 100% natural. Ingredient List: Filtered water, Bai® Natural Sweetener Blend™ (erythritol, organic stevia extract), juice concentrates (pomegranate, strawberry), natural dragonfruit flavors, citric acid, organic coffeefruit, vegetable juice (for color), malic acid, white tea extract. The sweeteners are erythritol and stevia. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol used in sugar-free gums for example. It is virtually calorie-less, but like all sugar alcohols, may cause bloating in some people. Stevia extract is not as natural as one would think because a natural stevia leaf goes through a lengthy chemical process until it becomes an “extract”. Listed after the sweeteners, there is a tiny amount of strawberry and pomegranate juice concentrates present. This minuscule amount can barely be considered a contributor to this product’s nutrition profile. Next up, the natural dragonfruit flavors aren’t necessarily extracted from dragonfruit; they may come from any natural source and be synthesized in a lab. Don’t look for antioxidants in this beverage, you’ll likely be disappointed. On a positive note, there aren’t any artificial colorings or sweeteners in the product, and no artificial preservatives are used either.
* From Skinny By Monday (3/20/2013): This “water” did taste a lot like a mango. In fact this “water” was much more “juice” than “water” in my opinion. Was there a slight chemically taste in the background? Yes there was. Maybe that’s the super fruit? Oh wait, no, that’s the “Organic Stevia and Erythritol” that they use to sweeten the drink. So, there are definitely artificial sweeteners involved. Natural, organic sweeteners, but artificial nonetheless. But where this drink might have won me over was in the energizing aspect. Again, I have never bought into energy drinks – natural, Gatorade or 5 hour – but this bai5 packed a real energy punch. The whole bottle has 70mg of caffeine which is about the equivalent of 2 cups of green tea. Your grande latte from Starbucks has about 150 mg of caffeine to compare. But I gotta say, I felt way more energized in a non-jittery way after downing a bottle of Malawi Mango bai5 than I do after a latte or a cup of coffee. It was a more refreshed energy and less of a eyes-peeled-open-I’m-awake-I’m-awake-I’m-awake sort of energy.
* No purchase necessary.
* Limit one per household.
* Flavors subject to availability by market/location.
* Limit of one coupon per item.
* Digital coupons and paper coupons may not be combined on the purchase of a single item.
If you do not have a Plus Shopper’s Card, go to customer service at your Gerbes/Kroger store. There is a freebie every Friday, fuel savings, digital coupons, and more with the Card.